Re: With what options RPM was compiled? ( Was: Czech Win1250 sorting q)

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Robert <robert(at)robert(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: With what options RPM was compiled? ( Was: Czech Win1250 sorting q)
Date: 1999-12-14 16:23:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Robert wrote:

> Thanks for everybody's help, I got it working now. An observation:
> The steps Lamar described really created a binary RPM, however
> the pg_encoding utility isn't included (it was built though).

Can be added to the %files list easily enough. Will be included in next
release.

> Similarly
> 'createdb -E LATIN2 xx' from README.mb doesn't work, while
> create database with encoding = 'latin2' works OK.

Hmmm... Reading the createdb script shows that the pg_encoding utility
is used by createdb.... Hopefully will be fixed next release.

> PS If anybody's is in urgent need, I can put those rpms online before
> Lamar builts the new version with multibyte support enabled - just let
> me know you're interested.

I can rebuild overnight tonight, if need be. I have a few other items
on the rebuild plate anyway. Prep for the release of 6.5.3-3.....coming
soon to an ftp server near you.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio