Advanced projects ... anyone interested?

From: Gunther Schadow <gunther(at)aurora(dot)rg(dot)iupui(dot)edu>
To: "hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Advanced projects ... anyone interested?
Date: 1999-12-08 20:15:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

is anyone interested in, or actually working on advanced issues
with PostgreSQL, like:

- recursive queries and transitive closure optimization

- more sophisticated representation incomplete information
(different null values)

- probabilistic relations

- temporal (preferrably bi-temporal) relations

I am planning to use PostgreSQL for medical information and medical
knowledge, so I run into all these problems. I wonder whether it
makes sense to tweak on PostgreSQL for these matters or whether a
more generic approach (where the client does all the advanced stuff)
is more realistic.

any ideas appreciated,
-Gunther Schadow

--