my modifications to psqlodbc.dll

From: Wojciech Kromer <krom(at)softomat(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: jacek <jacek(at)softomat(dot)com(dot)pl>
Subject: my modifications to psqlodbc.dll
Date: 1999-11-24 09:09:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

My boss Jacek Kijewski (mailto:jacek(at)softomat(dot)com(dot)pl) asked me to send my psqlodbc.dll
modification to code maintainers. I hope this group is the best way to do it.

1.
problem:
-writing blobs (of type 'lo' in psql) via BDE applications, on psql 6.5.x, rasies exception
sollution:
-(AFAIR) specification of psql needs to enclose lo_write in transcation
-I've modified copy_statment_with_paramaters in convert.c, where lo_write is used,
I've added CC_send_query(..,"BEGIN"..) CC_send_query(...,"END",..)

2.
problem:
-I need to store miliseconds in psql database via Delphi componnents
(using ODBC + BDE + Delphi TTable object)
sollution:
-I've modified convert.c and convert.h
I've aded miliseconds in SIMPLE_TIME struct, and made some modifications
in converting funcfions,
This works only with datetime time on psql (which is recognized by BDE as TIMESTAMP)

PS
Modifications are made on 6.4.0006 version,
PSS
This solutions works with my configuration, and my client applications,
another clients may need more modifications in psqlodbc.dll code.
Maby tehere is a need to add "version 6.5 syntax " in configuration.
PSSS
If you have any suggestions please send them also directly to me (mailto:krom(at)softomat(dot)com(dot)pl),
I'm not reading pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org very offen.

--
%%
W mojej nowej, lepszej sygnaturce nie ma nic o piwie.

Attachment Content-Type Size
convert.h application/x-unknown-content-type-h_auto_file 1.6 KB
convert.c text/plain 33.4 KB