Re: [HACKERS] Re: postgres RPM build on Suse linux 6.2

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: postgres RPM build on Suse linux 6.2
Date: 1999-11-22 18:37:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Bruce, I seem to recall that the PATH_TO_WISH issue with pgaccess
> > prompted some autoconf stuff -- is this related?
>
> Not related, I think. PATH_TO_WISH is just set to @WISH@ in the actual
> executable. I never touched the tkConfig stuff.

Ok. I'm going to have to do some digging -- there are a multitude of
other X11-related configure shenanigans I'm going to have to take care
of for building the RPMs on SuSE. I eventually hope to have it where
people can rebuild the RPM set with a simple 'rpm --rebuild' instead of
what some are having to do now. On RedHat Intel, Sparc, or Alpha, the
--rebuild is enough -- but RedHat is not the only RPM-based distribution
(nor is linux the only OS that can have RPM installed....). Time to buy
CheapBytes' Mondo CD pack (five linux distributions on CD)....

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio