Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Problem - Please help

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byron(dot)nikolaidis(at)home(dot)com>
To: "Lakshmi Anand K(dot)" <lakshmianand(at)vsnl(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Problem - Please help
Date: 1999-10-18 02:01:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Lakshmi Anand K." wrote:

> Err . . . Am new to postgres and this list. I am using the ODBC Driver from
> Insight Corp Version 6.40.00.04 and Postgres Version 6.5.1-2. I am having
> Win 98 clients and want to access Postgres via ODBC. Now, am able to access
> it with psql from the server. When I try to use it from Access, VFP, VB it
> creates problems.
>
> Access 2000: It simply says cannot open the table in datasheet view.
> VB: Am able to access as dynaset or snapshot but when I try to use
> SQLPassthru, then I get error messages that the call failed.
> VFP: Am able to access properly but get error messages often.
>
> It seems as if garbage statements with parse errors are sent to the backend.
> I have attached a sample log file. Please help.
>
> *-*-*
> Lakshmi Anand K.

> Name: psqlodbc_4294639205.log
> psqlodbc_4294639205.log Type: LOG File (application/x-unknown-content-type-log_auto_file)
> Encoding: quoted-printable

You can ignore the errors about the msysconf table not existing. This
is an optional Jet database configuration file. It is ok if it does not
exist.

The other errors are a query that simply consists of "godisgreat". Is
this perhaps a table? Some databases may accept this as a valid query
( equal to select * from godisgreat ) but I don't think Postgres does?

Byron