Re: new correlation metric

From: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jeff Davis" <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, npboley(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: new correlation metric
Date: 2008-11-03 07:33:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Jeff,

I've been assigned to do an initial review of your "new correlation
metric" patch.

If I'm grokking the thread, it looks like Tom suggested a substantial
change in the approach (targetting per-index correlation rather than
per-column) [1], and although you agreed with the spirit of his
suggestion[2], there hasn't been a new version of the patch submitted
in response.

The result is, I'm not really sure how I should direct my effort here.
Is it worth me reviewing the patch as it stands, or should I hold off
until a new version has been prepared, incorporating Tom's comments?

Cheers,
BJ

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-10/msg01284.php
[2] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-10/msg01287.php