Re: [INTERFACES] Questions connecting to PostgreSQL.

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "Ansley, Michael" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec(dot)co(dot)za>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Questions connecting to PostgreSQL.
Date: 1999-10-07 13:20:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> At the moment, although ssl is being built into libpq, which would enable
> it's use for libpq++, ODBC does not use the libpq source, which is a bit of
> a bummer. However, I suspect that it wouldn't be too difficult to include
> it. If you're capable of writing a sockets server, you shouldn't find it
> too difficult ;-)

Someone posted a note on how to fire up an SSL path from a client to a
server, which can then be used by the client to contact the
postmaster. In my 2 second test, it worked just fine. I didn't check
to see if subsequent connections (i.e. after the handoff to the
session backend) used SSL too. Does it, or can it? Or is this
technique only helpful to hide the initial passwords and handshaking??

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California