Re: How do I create a Postgres user.

From: Tyson Oswald <tysono(at)iserv(dot)net>
To: pgsql-questions(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How do I create a Postgres user.
Date: 1999-09-18 00:10:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Suddn
Log into your box as postres and launch psql -d [dbname] by default eh
dbname should be template1. Once logged in type the following

create user [username] with password [password];

like
create user root with password tree;

you will Laos have to grant that user rights to the database.

grant all on [tablename] to [object];

like
grant all on people to root; // people is obviously a table; unfortunately I
don't know how to give them complete access to the database perhaps a option on
the create user function.

I believe the user must be an active account on the box as postgres like
informix uses the current user logging in as the database user. there may also
be a switch for psql, I don't know.

Hope this helps

Tyson Oswald