Re: [SQL] example of a simple function

From: Clayton Cottingham <drfrog(at)smartt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [SQL] example of a simple function
Date: 1999-08-16 23:41:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > can some one please send me a skeleton function, one that does nothing
> > but contains
> > all the nessecary components to hook up to pg?
> >
> > id really appreciate this ,as im not really a c/c++ programmer
> > but i really want to learn how to make these functions that call c!
> >

> There are examples in src/tutorial, I think.
>
> --
> Bruce Momjian | http://www.op.net/~candle
> maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | (610) 853-3000
> + If your life is a hard drive, | 830 Blythe Avenue
> + Christ can be your backup. | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

great!

what im trying to do is use fulltextindex, it seg faults on large dbs{mine
is currently up at 130K rows}

i really need something to this effect inn my project!

one question i have is does the *.so have to be in the ld_lib config path?
or can it just sit anywhere and be linked?

i currently just have a folder named modules under the pgsql dir
which i place my c functions in and create the function and set the path to
the lib in that dir, is this the correct procedure for doing this?
also what sort of permissions, if any are needed?