Re: [INTERFACES] RE: PgAccess 0.97 - final preview

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Hiroki Kataoka <kataoka(at)interwiz(dot)koganei(dot)tokyo(dot)jp>
Cc: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] RE: PgAccess 0.97 - final preview
Date: 1999-08-12 06:30:33
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hiroki Kataoka wrote:

> I think that better solution is to separate a source file of pgaccess to
> main code and message catalog files. And message catalog files should be
> supplied for each of all supported languages. The pgaccess main code
> includes only english messages as default language, and supports to load one
> message catalogue file at startup.

That's exactly what I intend to do in the next version.
But in order to grab together more translations and for the easy of use
I choose to keep for the moment the Messages array in the main file.
There will be separate *.lang files that will be used for different
languages. Also , PgAccess will be sliced into separate files for each
module.

But related to japanese messages I have a question. If I will move the
definition for Messages in a separate file, why would it help it? What
"japanese Tcl" are you talking?

Have you tried Tcl/Tk 8.1 or 8.2 beta? They (scriptics) are saying that
it support Unicode. Maybe that's what you should use.

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA