Re: [GENERAL] Problem with pgaccess

From: Héctor Morales <hector(dot)morales(at)edisa(dot)com(dot)gt>
To: "Christopher A(dot) Stewart" <Christopher_Stewart(at)xopheria(dot)org>, "pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Problem with pgaccess
Date: 1999-08-05 14:41:30
Lists: pgsql-general

"Christopher A. Stewart" wrote:

> Héctor Morales wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the command xhost the problem terminate.
> >
> > Now when i run pgaccess result:
> > Error in startup script: coudn't load file "libpgtcl.so":
> > /usr/lib/libpgtcl.so: undefined symbol: crypt
> > while executing "load libpgtcl.so" (procedure "main" line 6) invoked
> > from within
> > "main $argc $argv"
> > (file "/usr/bin/pgaccess" line 4954)
> >
> > so i can't run .
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Hector Morales
> > Guatemala C.A.
>
> What OS are you running and did you compile postgres yourself? The
> problem
> you are having is wish is unable to find the lib with crypt in it..
> This means either that lib is
> not in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or there was some compile time mistake when
> libpgtcl.so
> was compiled..

Ok, I run RedHat 6.0 and I installed postgresql-6.4.2-3.rpm so this rpm
intall in /var/lib/pgsql only the directory, when i run initdb the data
directory store in this library, but the rest of files store in /usr/lib,
I probe redirect my directorys in my profile but not funcionaly.
so i don't why not work. I think that my files is good.

I don't why not work.

Hector Morales
Guatemala C.A.