web-based front end development

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: web-based front end development
Date: 1999-07-29 16:20:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi. There is interest at work in doing some fairly simple inventory
control using a database. We've already got Postgres up and running
(for obvious reasons) and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions
for a good approach to app development for brower-based user
interfaces.

There are other applications which would be of interest, so something
with some growth potential would be helpful.

We have a bit of expertise in Java servlets, etc, so that is one
option via the jdbc interface.

Are there any options which are particularly "approachable" which
would allow newbies to get something working if they have some
existing code to look at?

TIA

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California