JDBC and character sets

From: David Warnock <david(at)sundayta(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC and character sets
Date: 1999-06-22 10:18:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

We have java applications currently using either Postgresql 6.4 or
Interbase. We use Interbase as we need unicode.

The support for unicode in Postgresql 6.5 is unclear to me. I can also
see no mention of Unicode in the jdbc driver documentation.

Can I install postgresql 6.5 so as to be able to save and restore the
unicode from java?

If so how?

Thanks

Dave