example of trigger to track DB changes

From: Michael Olivier <mo(at)local2me(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: example of trigger to track DB changes
Date: 1999-06-15 05:23:45
Lists: pgsql-sql

I've looked through the trigger examples in the html doc and the src
tree but didn't find the one I was looking for.

I want to set up a trigger to track changes (add/update/delete) to rows
in two tables. This can be through inserting OID's or acctname's
(acctname of web users) into a "changed_rows" table that keeps track of
changed rows.

Would someone provide some source code that does this? I'm assuming a
lot of people have done this... I'm using 6.3.2 ...

thanks!
Michael