Re: [INTERFACES] Perl_ODBC access of 6.4.2

From: Peter Harvey <pharvey(at)codebydesign(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Perl_ODBC access of 6.4.2
Date: 1999-06-06 03:10:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> *NOTE* I also tried unixODBC 1.04 from http://www.genix.net/unixODBC and
> used the postgres odbc driver that came with it, it coredumps on the perl
> DBD:ODBC make test so I didn't want to use it.. I also compiled these
> packages on solaris x86 2.7 - compiles okay and somehow works, but it's also
> coredumps from time to time - seems to be alot more stable on linux..

George,

I would like to solve your problem with unixODBC in your test scenario. First a
couple of questions...

1. Does you PostgreSQL driver have UNIXODBC #ifdefs in it. If not than you are
not using the changes/enhancements I have made.
2. Could your provide more info such as the trace file.

Thanks George...

Peter Harvey