Re: [INTERFACES] C program Postgres 6.3 and date

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Roberto Taglioretti <roberto(at)gass(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] C program Postgres 6.3 and date
Date: 1999-05-11 17:11:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> I recently upgraded postgres from version ~6 to 6.3. Unfortunately,
> where before I had everything passed back as text strings now things
> are being passed back in their binary form.

(I'm not sure if you already got a response)

You should be seeing text, not binary data. Although v6.3 shouldn't
have any particular problem with this, I would suggest upgrading to
v6.4.2 asap and make sure that any apps you have are using the new
libraries.

Good luck.

- Tom

South Pasadena, California