Re: [HACKERS] varchar-array.patch applied

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Massimo Dal Zotto <dz(at)cs(dot)unitn(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] varchar-array.patch applied
Date: 1999-05-04 14:40:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > this patch adds support for arrays of bpchar() and
> > varchar(), which where always missing from postgres.
> ... but I thought adding new features during
> beta phase was frowned upon.

This one is probably in a grey area, since the feature was explicitly
disabled back in the *very* early days by Jolly, but with a comment
from her that she wasn't sure it was necessary.

If we have a hint of trouble, we can back it out. It sure would be
nice to have Massimo also contribute a patch to the relevant
regression tests ;)

- Tom

South Pasadena, California