Re: Ready for RC3?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ready for RC3?
Date: 2004-12-28 15:41:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> What are the open issues before we can release an RC3? I don't know of
> any except the btree problem OSDL found. Is that fixed?

No; we haven't seen a test case yet, or even any details except the
error message.

FWIW, I think it's highly likely that whatever bug Mark has found exists
also in 7.4 --- so it's unclear that it is a reason to hold up RC3.
I think that the error must be coming out of btree page deletion during
VACUUM, and that code hasn't changed materially since 7.4.

Aside from the Windows issues mentioned, I'm somewhat concerned about
the "schemas missing after initdb" problem that the one guy in Hungary
reported. But considering that no one else has seen it, it might be a
bug in his compiler or some such. He was running suse 7 on s390, which
is a pretty old release of suse I believe, and likely not one with well
wrung out s390 support. (I tried to reproduce using current Red Hat on
s390 with same locale, but no dice.)