Status of Hierarchical Queries

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Status of Hierarchical Queries
Date: 2007-02-21 15:24:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As was discussed in several threads, I'd handed over the
responsibility of hierarchical queries to Greg Stark several weeks
ago. He posted a preliminary patch which I don't believe anyone
looked at. For 8.3's sake, I wanted to make sure we get the status of
this out on the table so there won't be any surprises like those
related to 8.2.

Where are we at? Has anyone reviewed the preliminary work? Any
comments, suggestions, etc?

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation | fax: 732.331.1301