How do you manage versions of your own code ?

From: "Robins Tharakan" <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How do you manage versions of your own code ?
Date: 2008-02-06 03:34:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi all,

After going a bit of back and forth on different versions that I am working
on I think I might as well ask how do you guys work on an open-source
development project once you are disconnected ?

I mean, if I do a svn co and start working, it wouldnt allow me to check in
a version since its not a distributedVCS. If I use bzr-svn, it does
checkout, but I still can't check in a half-way state since it tries to dump
the patch to the online SVN too which of course fails.

Apart from the current issue of me not having submit rights, how did you
guys work on this when you don't have submit rights to a non-distributed VCS
?
Did you just keep storing revision patches and patch / revert on the latest
checked out revision as and when you needed to switch to an older version of
your code ?

(Btw, by version here I meant an older half-way-state of my own working
code, not the PgAdmin version)

Thanks
*Robins Tharakan*