Re: [HACKERS] discussion on proposed int8_ops patch

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Ryan Bradetich <rbrad(at)hpb50023(dot)boi(dot)hp(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] discussion on proposed int8_ops patch
Date: 1999-03-21 15:00:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Applied, though there was some wrapping of the e-mail I had to clean
> up.
> Your hash code looks fine, so I enabled it by removing the ifdef's.
> > Enclosed below I have a patch to allow a btree index on the int8
> > type.
> > I would like some feedback on what the hash function for the int8
> > hash function in the ./backend/access/hash/hashfunc.c should return.
> > Also, could someone (maybe Tomas Lockhart?) look-over the patch and
> > make sure the system table entries are correct? I've tried to
> > research them as much as I could, but some of them are still not
> > clear to me.

*argh* I had responded to Ryan and the list that there were problems
with the patch and that I would fix it up and then apply to the tree.
So don't expect this stuff to work as-is, and now I'll have to figure
out what else has changed :(

Man, I go away for two weeks and look at what happens ;)

- Tom