Re: [HACKERS] Re: vacuum slowness

From: Clark Evans <clark(dot)evans(at)manhattanproject(dot)com>
To: Vadim Mikheev <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: vacuum slowness
Date: 1999-03-18 07:32:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Vadim Mikheev wrote:

> Is it possible to use WORM now?

I don't know, but it's on my to-try list. I'm hoping it
will work (got all excited when I was reading the acedemic papers)
This was one of the goals of the database...

It just seems for situations where a high degree of auditability is
needed that running the database on top of a WORM is a fantastic idea.
I'm writing a bookkeeping system, and think it would be a very
valueable reason to move to 'free software'. It's the killer feature
Oracle dosn't have. Well, acedemically it sounds nice. *smirk*

It's all speculation, but fun speculation anyway...

:) Clark

P.S. Perhaps it's not all that great of an idea. I intend to journal
all of the interactions with the database to a CDR, I was just hoping
to get it for free.... *evil grin*