Re: [GENERAL] Postgres tutorial examples !

From: Gilles Darold <darold(at)neptune(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres tutorial examples !
Date: 1999-03-10 09:16:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Naceur,

As you say all existing samples to proceed with PostgreSQL is in the
documentation.
In this documentation you can learn how to query the database with SQL
request and
of course how to create a database. You also have in the programmer's guide
how to
connect and interact with the database engine with an application written in
C. Create
table and SQL query can be found in the user guide. For me I never read the
Tutorial
but I have seen that there is all to create a database, create table and
query it. (Table
in postgresql langage is named Class)

If you want to use other language like perl it's really the same way to
proceed. Just
download or generate the documentation of this langage/PostgreSQL interface
and you
will find all you want. The better way for Perl programming is to use DBI
and DBD::Pg

With this, in one hour you can create your own sample :-)

Hope this help...