Backend Deadlock

From: secret <secret(at)kearneydev(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Backend Deadlock
Date: 1999-03-02 14:33:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi, I've been struggling with a problem where visual basic 5 seems
to like to deadlock the backend, I've checked again and again if it's
something I'm doing, however it never deadlocked DB/2(which I'm
converting this project from)...

The problem can be resolved by turning off DECLARE/FETCH in the ODBC
driver...

Basically what happens is when I go to UPDATE a table everything
freezes, postgres shows "UPDATE waiting" and any further selects, etc.
from that table merely "wait"... Forever... I can reproduce this on
demand, 100% of the time(one of my forms just loves to do it) I have
both an ODBC trace and a "-d 2" trace from postgres which I can EMail
upon request....

Could someone tell me how to further track this problem?(I'd like to
use declare/fetch), or where I should send my log files for perusal?

Thank you in advance,
David

Attachment Content-Type Size
secret.vcf text/x-vcard 255 bytes