Revoking CREATE TABLE

From: "Tony Webb" <amw(at)sanger(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Revoking CREATE TABLE
Date: 2010-03-24 14:51:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I would like a setup with the following:

Three users - one, called OWNER, that owns the tables and can drop,
alter and change data in the tables; another called USER that can edit
data in the tables created by the owner but cannot create new tables or
drop any tables and a third user called RO which has read only access to
OWNER's tables but cannot change any data or create new tables etc.

I can grant table privileges to the USER and RO but how do I stop these
two users from creating new tables etc?

I'm creating the tables from a script so I don't think I can easily
create a schema so am relying on the public schema.

I suspect I'm missing something fundamental here :-\

All help gratefully received.

Thanks

Pif