Applix Builder (Linux) (odbc) Problem

From: Christian von Appen <cva(at)abim(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Applix Builder (Linux) (odbc) Problem
Date: 1999-01-18 18:18:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

now that I have Applix Data working with odbc, I wonder if someone found
a solution for the problem with Applix Builder. (Applix Data shows all
rows, but Applix Builder's applicatons have only the first row.)

I am amazed that I could not find a suitable database frontend for
Linux, the background is that my customer wants a little order/customer
database for his company.

It would take only some hours to write it with MS Access, but he wants
Linux, because a friend told him about it :-)
So what I am looking for is an application builder for Linux, for a
database in a pure Linux network.

Please do not answer "Why don't you write it in C | Tcl | Java", because
although I am very familiar with Perl and Java, I do not know anything
about Linux programming.

So after all, I took a look at Applixware and I like it. But what about
all these bugs with ODBC and PostgreSQL or MySQL Databases? Any help?
Any other frontends recommended?

Regards,
Christian von Appen