OID

From: Clark Evans <clark(dot)evans(at)manhattanproject(dot)com>
Subject: OID
Date: 1999-01-15 21:22:43
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm designing a database schema and have questions about OID.

First, I assume that OID are system assigned? [yes]
Second, Can I use OID as a primary key? [no]
Third, Is the OID invariant under an import/export process? [no]
Fourth, Can I create table with an OID type for referencing another
table? [no]

I puy my assumed answers in brackets. Please let me know if I
am mistaken.

Thanks!

Clark