PGACCESS PB ON REDHAT 5.2

From: "Brajon, L & C" <cbrajon(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
Subject: PGACCESS PB ON REDHAT 5.2
Date: 1999-01-07 21:02:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Téo,

** For your information :

The pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org mailing list adress doesn't seem to work properly.

The brave robot didn't answer me anything...

Bien voici donc plus d'information

Well, here are the information you need

1/ OS version : RedHat 5.2

PostgreSQL version : 6.3.2

Pgaccessversion: 0.90

2/ Was PostgreSQL started with the -i option NO

Now yes:

$postgres -i

postgres does not know where to find the database system data. You must specify the directory that contains the database system either by specifying the -D invocation option or by setting the PGDATA environment variable.

(????Despite of my effort I did not get this command running??????)

= Postmaster is running: launch as daemon at boot time

However if I execute psql all seems going right:

I am loged on postgresql as posgres user (su -l postgres)

I am under: /var/lib/pgsql

results: (two tests)

(1) $ psql template1

Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:

Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL

type \? for help on slash commands

type \q to quit

type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query

You are currently connected to the database: template1

template1=

(2) $psql -l

Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:

Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL

type \? for help on slash commands

type \q to quit

type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query

You are currently connected to the database: template1

template1= \q

[postgres(at)localhost pgsql]$ psql -l

datname |datdba|datpath

---------+------+---------

template1| 100|template1

postgres | 100|postgres

madb | 100|madb

(3 rows)

Well all sems OK...

3/ Result of grep -v "^#" pg_hba.conf:

local all trust

host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust

4/ Results of the simple command pgaccess:

(1) loged as postgres user

$pgaccess

Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

Error in startup script: invalid command name "option"

while executing

"option add *$wid.font -Adobe-Helvetica-Medium-R-Normal-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-*"

(procedure "init" line 4)

invoked from within

"init $argc $argv"

(file "/usr/bin/pgaccess" line 57)

(2) Loged as toor (same id as root)

see the jpeg file: capture.jpg

5/ Where is the documentation for pgaccess? Nothing on the RedHat 5.2 distribution,

nothing on the flex.ro site??

Où est la doc? On ne trouve aucune info nulle part!!

Multu mesc ci La revedere!

Cordialement,

Christophe (Eu nu vorbesc romaneste )

Attachment Content-Type Size