Introduction: Accounting/Bookeeping Project

From: Clark Evans <clark(dot)evans(at)manhattanproject(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Cc: dan(at)capecod(dot)net
Subject: Introduction: Accounting/Bookeeping Project
Date: 1998-12-13 06:55:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello. My name is Clark Evans. I'm starting a project
to create an "accounting/bookeeping" project using
PostgreSQL. I am one of the founders of jos.org and
became frustrated with the management of a distributed
development effort. I have six month funding starting
January to develop a network accounting system. I hope
to apply the resulting bookkeeping system to the
difficult challenge of managing a large internet
development effort.

Questions:

a) Is there any such project using PostgreSQL?

b) If not, anyone want to join?

I have over 5 years of solid database experience and
an NSF/SBIR grant to execute this project full time. Your
time will _not_ be wasted. I staff up in February, so
take the next month to think it over and ask me questions.
Your time against the project will be tracked and when
the project is sold to its community of users, you will
be able to recover your time invested with real dollars.

I especially need a designer with corporate accounting
experience, a PostgreSQL expert, a cgi/gui developer,
and a java gui developer.

Please reply personally in confidence.

Thank you!

Clark Evans