PgAccess is working 95% under Ms Windows !

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Joost Kraaijeveld <JKraaijeveld(at)askesis(dot)nl>, PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PgAccess is working 95% under Ms Windows !
Date: 1998-12-09 19:31:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Remarks.
> Probably pg_listen() doesn't work with Tcl8.0 .
> PostgreSQL backend must be 6.4 .
> I provided libpgtcl.dlls for
> Tcl version 7.6(kibpgtcl76.dll) and 8.0(libpgtcl80.dll).

I have tested only libpgtcl80.dll with the latest Tcl/Tk 8.0.4 binary
distribution from scriptics.
Of course, PostgreSQL is 6.4 (official release).

PgAccess is working , let's say 95%, minor problems regarding fonts, but
there are also some bugs :

when searching for pga_... tables, the statements :
set pgres [wpg_exec $dbc "select relname from pg_class where
relname='$table'"]
is not returning a proper "PGRES_TUPLES_OK" . It is returning only two
letters "Be" and then it fails.

Everything that is retrieved with pg_select it's ok : tables, queries,
structures, users, forms.
Visual query builder is working fine, form builder also, report builder
also.

BUT , :-( , table opening is causing a Windows fatal error in Tcl80.dll
and Tk80.dll
I don't think that those addresses could help you.

There is the only place where I use "BEGIN / DECLARE CURSOR / FETCH" !

Any clues ?

See you tomorow,
--
Constantin Teodorescu