Re: [ADMIN] pgsql.sh

From: Jonah Kuo <jonahk(at)mail(dot)lbfe(dot)org(dot)tw>
To: Matthew Hixson <hixson(at)frozenwave(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] pgsql.sh
Date: 1998-11-24 07:17:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

Matthew Hixson wrote:

> On this line:
>
> -S -o -F > /usr/local/pgsql/errlog' &
>
> Modify it to look like this:
>
> -S -o -F 2>&1 > /usr/local/pgsql/errlog' &
>
> Assuming this script runs through bash it will direct standard error
> (stderr) to standard output (stdout). All output will be sent to
> /usr/local/pgsql/errlog.
>
> Enjoy.

It still doesn't help, I have bash installed in /usr/local/bin, then
I modified the first line to #!/usr/local/bin/bash, amd modified
the line you wrote above, then try again, then result in same.

I simply test it to see if it works as do the following, login as postgres
and enter interactive monitor,

postgres=> ls;
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "ls"

The same ERROR message appears on the console, and errlog size is
still 0.

Jonah