Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.4 items

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.4 items
Date: 1998-10-28 16:46:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> It is serious breakage, in the sense that if we don't fix it, we must
> remove reference to the new SERIAL type.
> As to why no one fixed it earlier, ...? Must be the same reason 'ps
> args' is not fixed. :-)

I'm comfortable with Jan's patches, and it's my code he's mucking with
:) For the transformation from serial to int4 with index and sequence,
the only time that code gets traversed is for the serial type. So it
shouldn't have hidden side effects (yeah, sure...)

'Course, I see Bruce has already committed it anyway...

- Tom