Re: [DOCS] Last call?

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-documentation <docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Last call?
Date: 1998-10-25 16:14:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> can you distinguish between linux with libc5 and with glibc?

Yes, if necessary. I'm running glibc at work (with the RH 6.3.2 rpms)
and libc5 at home (with v6.4beta). I don't expect there to be any
significant differences; are you aware of any?

Also, I'm planning on doing a clean install of v6.4beta on my glibc
machine, so can verify it then.

Or are you just saying that we should mention both explicitly so that
people can know that it would work on their machine for sure?

- Tom