Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Just some unfinished stuff.

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Gerald Gryschuk <gerald(dot)gryschuk(at)home(dot)com>, Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Just some unfinished stuff.
Date: 1998-10-05 14:15:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> Things seem to configure nicely, except that it is still trying to put
> the odbc.h file into /usr/local/include rather than my actual Postgres
> directory area /opt/postgres/current/include.

Alright, I think I'm on the right track...

I've put a conditional include into the postodbc GNUmakefile.in to load
the Postgres Makefile.global if available. I've added a couple of
environment variables to that makefile to point to the right
installation locations, so if the odbc code is in the Postgres main tree
those locations determined locally are overridden by the main
installation parameters.

btw, you asked me to let you know if the interfaces/ area for psqlodbc
is _not_ named "psqlodbc". It isn't; it's always (afaik) been named
interfaces/odbc.

OK, so I've made some substantial changes to the source code and build
environment, and it now doesn't barf when the installation account is
not root, and it seems to do the right thing overall. I'll make the
WINDOWS->WIN32 changes, remove a few unused variables which gcc
complains about, and send you both a big tarball.

I'll commit the tarball to the Postgres distribution soon after that
unless I hear objections.

Talk to you soon...

- Tom