Re: Antwort: Patches for gram.y and keywords.c

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Michael Meskes <Michael(dot)Meskes(at)usa(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Antwort: Patches for gram.y and keywords.c
Date: 1998-09-30 15:28:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

> Okay, here's the patch for ecpg...
> It contains other changes I made that haven't made it into the archive
> yet. Could you please put all this into cvs?

Hi Michael. I got the patches and they all applied cleanly. I notice
that there might be several keywords missing from your version of
keywords.c (I had done some updates recently that I forgot to let you
know about):

> {"absolute", ABSOLUTE},
> {"encoding", ENCODING},
> {"names", NAMES},
> {"next", NEXT},
> {"old", CURRENT},
> {"only", ONLY},
> {"prior", PRIOR},
> {"read", READ},
> {"relative", RELATIVE},
> {"scroll", SCROLL},
> {"serial", SERIAL},

It seems simple to make the changes to make this compatible with the
newest version of parser/keywords.c; should I go ahead and do that?

Since the only difference between the files is in which files are
mentioned in the #includes at the top, I was going to suggest changing
parser/keywords.c to have something like:

#ifdef ECPG
#include "type.h"
#include "y.tab.h"
#else
#include "parse.h"
#endif

But I think that is not the best idea since it might make preproc.y and
your keywords.c inconsistant at times. OK, never mind: it's a bad idea
:)

So, should I update your keywords.c to add the missing entries? It looks
like at least one entry (NEXT) does not appear in the keywords files but
does appear in preproc.y already. Probably doesn't get recognized
though...

- Tom