Re: [HACKERS] Re: NOTICE: _outNode: don't know how to print type 715

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "Jose' Soares" <jose(at)sferacarta(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: NOTICE: _outNode: don't know how to print type 715
Date: 1998-09-20 23:36:53
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> > PostgreSQL gives me a strange message when I try to create a table
> > with a NOT NULL column.
> > create table prova(
> > campo1 INTEGER NOT NULL
> > );
> > NOTICE: _outNode: don't know how to print type 715
> > Does someone knows what this message means ?
> I retract my comment that this is a bug. I can not reproduce this
> here.

You have compiled the parser subdirectory with -DPARSEDEBUG, which then
tries to print the parse tree. The nodes subdirectory must be compiled
with -DPARSEDEBUG to get extra nodes to be recognized by the printing
routine.

It could be something else, but I get a similar symptom when I do this.

It's my fault that those PARSEDEBUG blocks are in there in the first
place. But I didn't want these nodes which don't usually propagate past
the parser to be mixed in to normal backend nodes in the print routines.

- Tom