Serial syntax, DEFAULT NULL, and rules

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>, Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Serial syntax, DEFAULT NULL, and rules
Date: 1998-09-16 15:13:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Yeah. I'm testing some patches now...

I've committed patches to the cvs source tree to allow PRIMARY KEY to be
specified with the SERIAL type. The patches also fix some DEFAULT NULL
problems and the "SELECT @1" problem.

With these patches and fixes for the rules regression tests and results
all regression tests pass on my linux-2.0.30/i686 machine.

I've enclosed the source patches _except_ for the regression test
changes, since those involve new files, etc. Also, I have _not_ updated
gram.c yet, so anyone building in the next few days may need bison to
build. If that is a problem someone can go ahead and build and commit a
new gram.c.

I'm out of town tomorrow through Sunday, but keep those cards and
letters coming :)

- Tom

Attachment Content-Type Size
analyze.c.patch text/plain 1.6 KB