Re: [INTERFACES] Character mode forms designer

From: JohnDz <johndz(at)geocities(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Character mode forms designer
Date: 1998-07-13 10:39:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Your enthusiasm should not be subsided for long as I feel this is a very
worthwhile endeavor, especially since a refurbished wyse50 terminal can
be purchased for about $90. A good application could be developed
without making the customer go broke in the process.

You may want give TCL/Tk another look. PgAccess is a bit more than
"Pretty", it is very much a cross platform application. I am using it
now to connect to a pgSQL database from a Macintosh client and am
impressed with the performance. Best of all, connectivity to the
database has very little overhead, with no need for ODBC.

It would not surprise me a bit if someone out there hasn't already
created a character mode version. I am sure with reasonable effort, an
extension could be created for decent character mode user interfaces. In
a perfect world, Pgaccess or a similar app could run in character mode
with little modification. It seems to me that this is possible.

|John Dzilvelis |