array question

From: "Anton Stckl" <tony(at)cys(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: array question
Date: 1998-06-15 10:56:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Are there any functions to work with arrays?
For example:
nr_of_elements(array)
insert_val_into_array(array, 'val')
delete_val_from_array(array, pos)

If not, it's pretty hard to work with arrays.
If I can't get the number of elements, how should I reference the
elements (if I know the number, I don't need an array).
If inserting must be done my manipulating a string in my application
I just can use a char type?

I have searched all documentation I know but with zero success.

any pointers appreciated, Tony