Re: [INTERFACES] MS Access can't insert with ODBC connection to PostgreSQL

From: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: Matthew <matt(at)ctlno(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] MS Access can't insert with ODBC connection to PostgreSQL
Date: 1998-06-14 15:25:20
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Matthew wrote:

> Hello, I downloaded the latest ODBC driver for PostgreSQL from
> http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc/ version number 06.30.0245. I got
> this driver to work and show data from my database after editing the
> pg_hba.conf file. However, I can't insert new records in the normal
> access way. I can do these inserts when I connect to MS SQL server with
> an ODBC driver in the same manner as above. Is this typical? Or do I
> have something configured wrong? I unchecked both readonly checkboxes
> in the ODBC config, but that had no effect. I was able to do a manual
> insert query by hardcoding it.

Access must know a tables key before it will allow updates. Either make
sure "Recognize Unique Indexes" is check (under Driver Options) or manually
specify the key at link time. Oid may be used as a key it it is
checked. In any case you must relink the table to get Access to
recognize the your keys.