Re: [SQL] SELECT across two databases

From: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: Dirk Lutzebaeck <lutzeb(at)cs(dot)tu-berlin(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] SELECT across two databases
Date: 1998-05-27 16:34:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

PostgreSQL does not support this feature at this time. And, I would not
expect it any time soon. You would have to either code such a join by
hand.

There is one other option. Many ODBC compliant tools will support
multi-data source joins. However this solution may perform poorly
because one side of the join may iteratively query one of the data
sources. Your call.