Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Insight ODBC driver

From: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org, mittelstaedt(at)fh-ulm(dot)de
Cc: postodbc-users(at)listserv(dot)direct(dot)net, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Insight ODBC driver
Date: 1998-04-16 18:49:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Please note that postodbc-users(at)listserv(dot)direct(dot)net is no longer
> considered the *official* support channel for the ODBC driver...
>
> Reposting to pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
>
> On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Olaf Mittelstaedt wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > after installation of PostgreSQL 6.3.1 and the newest Insight ODBC
> > driver there's only one problem left: when using Access 2.0 (or MS
> > Query 1.0) on a Windows NT 4.0 system all tables are read only, even
> > if a unique index is present.

1. I am not as familiar with Access 2.0. But the 7.0 and 97 versions
require a unique key to be specified at link time for an update to be
allowed. I want to be sure that you have done that, and that you not
referring to the "create unique index" statement which creates the index
in the database table on the server.

2. There is a read-only check box on the data source setup dialog. This
was put in to prevent unintentional key strokes from getting into the
database. This is remarkably easy to do in MS Access. Just unchecked the
box for your data source.

Attachment Content-Type Size
vcard.vcf text/x-vcard 204 bytes