Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] Reference Manual

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Jose Soares Da Silva <sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] Reference Manual
Date: 1998-04-01 16:08:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > tgl=> select extract (year from date 'now');
> > date_part
> > ---------
> > 1998
> > (1 row)
> It doesn't work for me. Why ??
> psql=> select extract (year from current_timestamp);
> ERROR: function date_part(unknown, timestamp) does not exist

What version of Postgres are you running? Something may have gone a
little screwy in v6.3.1, since the numerology regression test has been
reported to have failed with it unable to compare an int4 to a float8.

It must work for some installations though since they wouldn't have
released without a clean regression test, right? :)

I'm still developing with v6.3 because I'm in the middle of working on
the automatic type conversion stuff...

- Tom