Linux memory handling improvement

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Linux memory handling improvement
Date: 2003-09-15 11:32:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Heads up: it appears that the Linux stable kernel series is about to get a
sane VM system from Andrea Arcangeli, which has proper page accounting and
does not have an Out Of Memory killer at all.

This will probably take a while to make its way into vendor kernels, and
even then we'll need to keep the warnings in the docs for people running
older kernels. I am not sure at this stage what its status is for the 2.6
kernel series.

I will be keeping an eye on this.

cheers

andrew