Re: psql and ROLES

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql and ROLES
Date: 2005-08-07 19:08:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> writes:
> *) there is no backslash command for getting a list of Roles (like \du &
> \dg for Users and Groups) - I'm considering using \dr for that - does
> that sound sensible ?

We could just recycle \du and/or \dg for the purpose. If those should
still exist as separate commands, what should they do differently from
\dr? There's no longer any hard-and-fast distinction ...

> *) the new connectionlimit code allows for negative Limits (beside -1)

Right now, any negative value is interpreted as "no limit". I don't
feel a pressing need to change that.