Re: Need for speed 2

From: Alex Turner <armtuk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kelly Burkhart <kelly(at)tradebotsystems(dot)com>
Cc: Ron <rjpeace(at)earthlink(dot)net>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need for speed 2
Date: 2005-09-20 15:35:58
Lists: pgsql-performance

I have found that while the OS may flush to the controller fast with
fsync=true, the controller does as it pleases (it has BBU, so I'm not too
worried), so you get great performance because your controller is determine
read/write sequence outside of what is being demanded by an fsync.

Alex Turner
NetEconomist