Re: text field constraint advice

From: Alex Turner <armtuk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Frank D(dot) Engel, Jr(dot)" <fde101(at)fjrhome(dot)net>
Cc: PgSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: text field constraint advice
Date: 2005-01-26 18:29:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Generaly network security suggests that your database server should
not allow connections from external addresses (including for services
like ssh as well as pgsql). iptables can help acheive this if your
servers are all on public IPs (also not a very good idea), otherwise
the best place to configure this is at your firewall/router.

Alex Turner
NetEconomist

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:16:19 -0500, Frank D. Engel, Jr.