Re: BUG #15115: temporary AND unlogged tables for parallel db import

From: Enno Wein <ennowein(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15115: temporary AND unlogged tables for parallel db import
Date: 2018-03-16 14:38:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I think you made that clear :-)

However, it doesn't seem to work like that. Even with ONLY either
unlogged (the global ones) and temprorary tables (the local ones), the
system still produces a huge amount of WAL/checkpoint writes. In fact,
the "wal-writer" and "checkpoint" processes are the biggest writers in
the system. checkpoint process uses up to 9GB of Ram and wal produces
more writes than any other process.