Re: New sequence in 1.8.1

From: "Andy Shellam" <andy(dot)shellam-lists(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New sequence in 1.8.1
Date: 2008-01-14 20:44:06
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Dave,

I see your point about it not doing anything after the column is created, as
a serial column is just an integer column with a new default value. I liked
the idea of being able to specify a different sequence to use with the
serial column, but having said that I can't think of many uses where you'd
want to!

Unless you can make the sequence combo of any use (e.g. to change the
default sequence used when creating the column) I'd say get rid of it!

Thanks,

Andy