Re: Using Regular expresion

To: "Phillip Smith" <phillip(dot)smith(at)weatherbeeta(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using Regular expresion
Date: 2008-02-19 00:52:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi ,

> Did you try it?

Sure I did . Now you will say so whats the doubt ?.
This is something that is being sugested by developer of a .net adapter for
PostgreSQL.

Since I getting error when using like
<code>
select * from TABLE where COLUMN1 '~^:parameter1'
</code>

he suggested me doing the following
where :parameter1 is the parameter
<code>
select * from TABLE where COLUMN1 = '~^' || :parameter1
</code>

accroding to him should parse as
<code>
select * from TABLE where COLUMN1 = '~^' || 20
</code>

IMHO that is wrong . Before the develoer puts on to PostgreSQL I just wanted
to confirm.

Can anyone please confirm he is wroing.

I dont know if I am making any sence :(

--